Over the last couple of days, I started and pretty much finished Chloe’s built-in bed/windowseat. All such projects are inspired and/or degraded by my “seat of the pants” design method, which is further affected by issues such as sloping floors and non-square walls. I’ve never been good at having the patience to sketch out all the detail work ahead of time, although I know that it’s a great thing to do. Regardless, I’m pretty happy with the way it came out, and once a few more pieces of trim and a lot of white paint are added, it should look pretty decent. And even though it’s “made for a girl, it’s strong enough for a boy.” I made it super-sturdy, so any jumping around shouldn’t be a problem.